Understanding the process of attestation can often be puzzling, sometimes confused with notarization. Even with a basic understanding, numerous questions can arise about attestation and its related matters.
As a leading provider of attestation services in Dubai, we aim to address the common queries or Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about attestation. We believe this will help individuals understand what actions are required and why they are important.
Clarifying Attestation – The FAQs
- What does attestation mean? Attestation refers to the process of examining and authenticating documents to confirm their legality for use in official matters.
These verified documents are typically marked with an official seal from the relevant government department, indicating their authenticity.
- How is attestation different from notarization? Attestation serves to validate a document’s authenticity, a process overseen by various government agencies. It’s different from notarization, as notarization involves a notary public witnessing a signature.
- Why is attestation necessary for documents? Merely taking someone’s word as proof of document authenticity isn’t sufficient. Attestation is necessary to verify the reliability of crucial and legal documents before they can be used for legal purposes.
Almost every government department worldwide requires attested documents for processes such as visa applications.
- What documents usually require attestation? There are generally two categories of documents that require attestation: educational and non-educational documents. The time required for attestation varies depending on the document and the specific rules of the originating and receiving countries.
- Which agencies handle the attestation process? Each country has its Embassy or Consulate responsible for initiating the attestation process for documents originating from there.
In the UAE, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) handles attestation. Once MOFA stamps and attests your documents, they can be submitted to relevant departments.
- What is an apostille? An apostille is a specific form of attestation wherein documents are authenticated and approved by a concerned department in a country and are then ready for use in about 92 countries globally.
Once a document is apostilled, it doesn’t need further procedures in a country, provided that the country is among the 92 where apostille attestation is accepted.
- How to handle a laminated certificate? People often laminate documents to preserve their original form and prevent damage. However, if a document needs attestation, the lamination must be carefully removed without causing any harm.
It’s advisable not to laminate documents that frequently require attestation as removing the lamination may lead to damage.
- What does the attestation process involve? Here’s a general overview of the attestation process for documents issued outside the UAE:
The documents requiring authentication must be sent to the UAE Embassy in the issuing country. These will undergo an initial review and assessment.
These verified documents are then forwarded to that country’s Department of Foreign Affairs for further validation.
Once validated, these documents are sent to the UAE for MOFA attestation, marking the final stage of the process.
MOFA will conduct their review and validation, stamping the documents to certify their authenticity.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has multiple branches across the UAE, making it convenient for individuals to get their documents attested and sealed by MOFA.
Expert Attestation Services in Dubai The attestation process can take several weeks, depending on the country of document origin, and requires patience.
Our registered Lawyers in Dubai simplify this process, handling the attestation on your behalf, so you simply wait for your documents.
Expert Attestation Services in Dubai
With over 30 years of experience, we are among the leading providers of attestation services in the UAE.
Attestation is a rigorous process that can require considerable time and an understanding of legal and bureaucratic procedures. The duration can vary, often to several weeks, depending on the country from which the documents originate. This requires a certain degree of patience.
At Gulf lawyers directory Lawyers in Dubai, we streamline this process for our clients, taking over the responsibility of getting your documents attested. Our experienced team handles the process, allowing you to simply wait for your attested documents.
Backed by our extensive experience and well-established position in the market, we are renowned for our high-quality UAE attestation services. We not only ensure the process is handled professionally but also save you valuable time.
Remember, attestation is an essential procedure for validating the authenticity and reliability of your documents. This is critical, especially when you’re dealing with significant legal matters or procedures, such as visa applications. With our expert guidance and service, you can navigate this process with ease and confidence.